Once again, it is a great joy to be celebrating a birthday for our second-born son, Aidan. We rejoice in having Aidan as a part of our family and it is an incredible blessing to be seeing him grow in maturity and godly character.
We are delighted to be celebrating your 17th birthday and we are filled with joy as we reflect on the time that you have been a part of our family! We praise the Lord for the work that He has done in you and through you as we have seen you grow in character and maturity. It truly has been a great delight to see you be able to stand up and defend the truth of God's Word. We appreciate your humor, your kind manner, your consistent care for others, and your willingness to contribute to our family discussions, particularly those discussions around the Word of God.
Aidan, we look to your future with great hope and we offer these truths to you to encourage you for the days, months, and years that are ahead of you:
- Rejoice in knowing that the Lord will complete the work that He has begun in you (Philippians 1:6)
- Rejoice with the knowledge that God has foreordained good works for you to accomplish and it is for these works that you have been created (Ephesians 2:10)
- Rejoice in the hope that God is working all things together for good to those who love Him and who are called according to His purpose (Romans 8:28)
- Rejoice in knowing that you serve a risen Christ, Who is victorious and will place all things under His feet (1 Corinthians 15:25)
- Rejoice in being given the privilege of being called a child of God and that you will have the blessing of being able to see Christ as He is (1 John 3:1, 3)
- Rejoice in realizing that Christ who is in you is greater than the evil one who is in the world (1 John 4:4)
May these truths encourage your heart, fill you with gratitude, and spur you on to accomplish great things for the Lord! We are indeed very grateful to be celebrating this birthday with you and consider it a great blessing to be your parents.
Happy birthday, Aidan! We love you very much!
Dad and Mom