Tuesday, November 16, 2010

October Family Newsletter: Giving to Others - Part 5


Operation Christmas Child Packing Party


By Amara Jachim


I like packing shoe boxes for Operation Christmas Child at a packing party. First, I walk to where some people are wrapping shoe boxes with fun paper. I pick a box I like and open the lid. I go to the first table that has T-shirts, socks, and underwear. After that, I walk to the next table that has toys like small puzzles, little cars, stuffed animals, dollies, little balls, and hair things such as ponytail holders, barrettes, hair clips, and bows. On that same table there are also school supplies like pencils, colored pencils, pens, pencil sharpeners, erasers, and notepads. On the next table, there is candy like Tootsie Pops, small candy canes, and various hard candies.


On the other end of that table there is toothpaste, tooth brushes, soap, combs, hair brushes, and small purses. When I finish packing the shoebox, I walk to the end of a table that has rubber bands, tape, and labels that you mark if the box was for a boy or girl. The label also shows the age ranges of 2-4 years, 5-9 years, and 10-14 years. I pick up the pen that is nearby and check one of the squares. Finally, I put one rubber band on each end to hold it closed and then tape the label on the lid. I pack several more boxes like this and it is fun.



No comments: